Hawaii Pre-Travel Testing Program
St. Luke’s has been named a trusted testing partner by the state of Hawaii. PCR tests are conducted within 72 hours prior to traveling for which we will issue a certificate of negative results as designated by the state.
Monday – Thursday (excluding the New Year period and holidays) 8:30am – 8:45am
*PCR result certificates is issued on day 3 (day of your flight: 8:30am – 4:00pm) after the test with the test date being day 1. Please confirm the date of your flight yourself prior to arranging your appointment.
Ex.) Test date: December 1 → Issue/Flight Date: December 3
*In some cases, we may be unable to accommodate your request for an appointment depending on availability.
Method of Testing
St. Luke’s Clinical Laboratory Department conducts in-hospital measurements in compliance with the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare’s Guidelines for Pathogen Testing for COVID-19 through nasopharyngeal (not saliva sampling) real-time PCR tests (bioMérieux’s FilmArray® Torch system).
This department holds the international ISO15189 accreditation and works to assure testing precision and accuracy under the leadership of a quality manager through the usage of standardized work sheets, daily record taking, and internal/external quality checks and audits.
- Please directly visit or call this hospital’s Appointment Service Desk to make your appointment.
Appointment Service Desk: 03-5550-7120 (Weekdays Mon-Fri 8:30am – 5:00pm)
- On the day of your appointment, please come to the hospital 15 minutes before your appointment time.
- Please bring your passport as your passport number is required.
- We ask that you print and fill out the novel coronavirus PCR test questionnaire beforehand and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Same-day appointments are not available.
On the day of your appointment
- First-time visitors will check in at the First Visit counter (counter 4, 1st floor)
(Those with St. Luke’s patient ID cards may check in at counter 2.)
*Those with appointments for 8:30am – 8:45am, please go directly to counter 10 on the 1st floor.
- After check-in, proceed to counter 10 on the 1st floor.
- Doctor examination and test
Issuance of PCR results certificate
Please visit the Documentations desk directly (counter 9, 1st floor) to receive your certificate.
Certificates will be available for pick-up on the day of your flight (day 3 with your testing day as day 1) from 8:30am – 4:00pm on weekdays and 8:30am – 1:30pm/2:30pm – 4:00pm on Saturdays.
Costs: Examination/Test Fees and PCR Results Certificates
- Examination and test: ¥27,042 (with tax)
- Hawaii designated certificate of testing (1 copy): ¥6,458 (with tax)
Total: ¥33,500 (with tax) *This is not covered by insurance.
- Regardless of whether you undergo a PCR test at the airport or whether you test positive or negative, you are required to quarantine youself at home or elsewhere for 14 days starting the day after entering the country(Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare website).
During this quarantine period, you may not receive a PCR test at this hospital. Thank you for your understanding.
- Should the doctor determine from the results of your examination that there is a high possibility that you have some illness, further examination will be done and covered by health insurance. In such cases, patients may not receive a PCR test nor have the PCR results certificate issued.
- In very rare cases, patients will have to retake their test, resulting in a delay of the PCR results certificate. Should there be any change in the issuance date for your certificate, this hospital will contact you through the phone number you provided on the questionnaire.