We treat all major eye diseases including cataracts, vitreo-retinal diseases, disorders of the cornea and conjunctiva, glaucoma, refractive correction, eyelid disorders, strabismic amblyopia, etc. We have a particularly long history of providing ultrasonic cataract surgery, vitreoretinal surgery, surgery of the cornea and conjunctiva, and refractive surgery. We have treated many cases, over many years. We have worked to introduce cutting-edge medicine for years, based on our belief in restoring sound visual function while using minimally invasive treatment. In particular, we have proactively introduced treatment for macular diseases (diabetic macular edemas, age-related macular degeneration, macular holes, macular membranes, etc.). We were the first in Japan to introduce minimally invasive micropulse laser, and adopted the 25-gauge minimally invasive vitreous surgery early on.
Moreover, in order to raise the QOL (quality of life) of elders in an aging society, we strive to conduct and introduce treatments such as multifocal intraocular lenses, conducting ptosis (droopy eyelid) surgery and more, that have additional value.
9 full-time doctors and 7 part-time doctors offer highly specialized ophthalmological care. We use advanced equipment, diagnose diseases with a high degree of accuracy, and always provide satisfactory explanations before treatment.
We are also involved in medical cooperation, and actively handle urgent diseases such as retinal detachment, proliferative diabetic retinopathy, corneal infection, etc.
Our motto is to implement advanced treatment from within and outside Japan, and further improve medical technology.
Specialty Outpatient Clinic
|Cataract Surgery||Medical Retina Outpatient Clinic
(Laser Treatment, Uveal, Age-related Maculopathy)
|Surgical Retina/Vitreoretinal Surgery Outpatient Clinic (Retinopathy of Diabetes, Rhegmatogenous Retinal Detachment, Macula Membrane, Macular Hole, etc.)||Cornea, Ocular Surface Outpatient Clinic|
|Laser Refractive Surgery (LASIK, etc.)||Pediatric Ophthalmology Outpatient Clinic|
Outpatients (FY 2012)
|First Visit||2,837 people|
|Consultation with a Referral from Other Departments||1,628 cases|
Hospital Admission (FY 2012)
|Real Number||1,360 people|
Number of Operations (FY 2012)
|Outpatient Surgery||654 cases|
|Inpatient Surgery||1,393 cases|
|Cataract Surgery (PEA+IOL, ECCE)||970 cases|
|Glaucoma Surgery (Trabeculectomy)||12 cases|
|Vitreous Surgery (Vitrectomy)||245 cases|
|Repair of Retinal Detachment (buckling and vitrectomy)||46 cases|
|Strabismus Surgery||15 cases|
|Intravitreal Injection||574 cases|
Other Treatments (FY 2012)
|Photodynamic Therapy||70 cases|
|Retinal Laser Photocoagulation||737 cases|
|YAG Laser||80 cases|
|Excimer Laser (LASIK, PRK, PTK )||110 cases|
|Contact Lens Prescription||405 eyes|
- Ultrasonic Cataract Operation device (Infinity Ozil)
- Vitreous Surgery Device Constellation (ALCON)
- Excimer Laser Device (VISX STAR S4)
- Optical coherence tomography (Spectral Domain OCT Cirrus)
- Fourier domain OCT (CASIA)
- MP-1 (Macular Microperimetry)
- Laser Solidification Apparatus（Multicolor)
- Laser Diode (Corresponds to Micro Pulse Laser)
- YAG Laser
- Fluorescein Fundus Photography Device (FAG，ICG)
- Corneal Topography Device (TMS-4, Aube Scan)
- Wavefront Aberration Analysis Device（WaveScan)
- Humphrey Field Analyzer
- Goldman Field Analyzer, Ultrasonic B-Mode
- Corneal Endothelium Measurement Device
- ERG, EOG, VEP, Major Amblyoscope
- Other equipments necessary for standard ophthalmological tests are also available.
- We also prescribe contact lens (consultation necessary.)