※ Transient dialysis services are currently unavailable due to COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you wish to have transient dialysis at our hospital, please send the application forms and necessary documents by fax or to International Department’s e-mail address at least 2 weeks prior to your request date of dialysis. Application form “For Patient” must be filled by the patient and “For Medical Institution by a physician or medical staff where you usually have your dialysis. Both forms are necessary for reservation of appointment. After receiving your application forms, we will send you a confirmation whether we could accept your request. When your appointment is confirmed, please send the necessary documents listed below (if you are sending the application forms 2 weeks prior to your desired date please send the necessary documents as well).
Kidney CenterFax number: +81-3-5550-2421
Kidney Center ext. 6350
Telephone hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
International DepartmentE-mail: email@example.com
Depending on available beds, there may be times when it is difficult to accept appointments.
Also, please be advised that at our hospital bed for persons with infectious diseases such as hepatitis are fixed. We may not be able to offer an appointment on your desired day or time.
Once your appointment is confirmed, please fax the following information to the Kidney Center 2 weeks prior to your appointment for transient dialysis.
- Application form for transient dialysis
For Medical Institution For Patient
* Both forms are necessary for reservation of appointment.
- Dialysis records (last 3 dialysis)
- A copy of your Japanese health insurance (if you have)
- A copy of Medical Care Certificate for Specified Disease that is valid in Japan (if you have)
- A copy of Physical Disability Certificate that is valid in Japan (if you have)
Meals are available at a cost of 800 JPY for patients who have evening dialysis. Please make a request when you make the reservation. Payment would be claimed at the reception.
On the Day of Your Appointment
For those visiting St. Luke's International Hospital for the first time, please come to the Appointment Service desk at # 3 on the first floor of the Main Hospital Building.
If you already have the patient registration card, please check in with the Revisit Counter at #2.
Then go to the Kidney Center on the third floor of the Old Building at least 45 minutes before the appointed time.
What to Bring
Please prepare the following items.
- Referral letter or Medical Record
- Previous dialysis record
- Japanese health insurance (if you have)
- Medical Care Certificate for Specified Disease that is valid in Japan (if you have)
- Physical Disability Certificate that is valid in Japan (if you have)
- Light clothes including pajamas or t-shirt for those who wish to change clothes
- Towels (we have rented towels)
- Patients who use hemostatic bands should bring their own
- Headphones or earphones if you wish to watch TV
When dialysis treatment is complete, please make a payment at the Outpatient Cashier at #6 on the first floor of the Main Hospital Building. For patients receiving treatment on 2 or more occasions, please pay in full on the day of your last dialysis.