Diabetes Mellitus and Thyroid diseases are the major diseases consulted at our department.
For diabetic care, we think that it is most important to prevent complications by starting treatment from an early stage and maintaining good blood sugar control. We try to take care of our patients without hospitalization as much as possible. This is because we initiate insulin therapy at our out-patient clinic if necessary. We also offer outpatient education classes in the Joslin Diabetes Center format for our patients and their families. In this class, besides lectures by doctors, nurses, nutritionists and exercise therapists also offer practical guidance. We take pride in the drastic improvements of blood sugar control with very few cases developing diabetes complications in the past 10 years among our patients.
For Graves' disease patients, we offer not only medical therapy but also radio-active iodine therapy.
We also take care of the patients with a wide range of other endocrine and metabolic diseases listed below.
Available languages: Japanese and English
Diseases and Expertise
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- Pituitary Diseases (Hypopituitarism, Prolactinoma, Acromegaly, Cushing’s disease, Diabetes Insipidus, etc.)
- Thyroid Diseases (Graves' disease, Hashimoto’s Disease, Sub-acute Thyroiditis, Goiter, etc.)
- Parathyroid Diseases (Hyperparathyroidism, Hypercalcemia, Osteoporosis, etc.)
- Adrenal Gland Diseases (Addison’s Disease, Primary hyperaldosteronism, Pheochromocytoma, Cushing’s Disease, Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, Adrenal Gland Tumor, etc.)
- Menopause(male and female)
Number of Patients
|First Visit||972 people|
|Average Length of Stay||11.2 days|
|Consultation with a Referral from Other Departments||760 cases|